Our clientele range from multinationals to private individuals, we facilitate applications for various immigration such as visas, work permits, permanent residence permit in to Namibia. Amongst our biggest clients so far are KLM Royal Dutch Airline and Zeag SA etc.

Our services include the facilitation of entry visa, all types of temporary permits and visas for the accompanying family. We also assist international mid-sized companies – and private investors – with matters relating to their business activities in Namibia, by offering expert advice for company set-up.


A person who wishes to conduct a visit to Namibia of a “business nature” will need to obtain a business visa. By “business nature” one means: to attend corporate meetings (ie. Board meetings), seminars, conferences, training courses and so forth.

Such visa does not allow to take up employment. It is issued for a single entry and up to 90 days per annum. However, in practicality, there is a strong tendency for such visa to be allocated for a much shorter period.

Applicants from visa exempt countries can apply for a business visa at port of entry, while applicants from non-visa exempt countries need to apply in their home country, before entering the territory.


A person who wishes to work for a relatively short period of time (6 months or less) will need to obtain a short term work visa.

There are 2 types of short term work visa: the 3 months short term work visa and the 6 months short term work visa. In practise, the latest is being phased out.

The processing time of a short term work visa is approximately 14 working days, plus an additional 3 working days for the endorsement of the visa into the passport.


A person who wishes to work for a period longer than 7 months will need to apply for a long term work visa. This type of visa is generally issued for 1 or 2 years and it can be renewed, should the employment contract need to be renewed or extended.

The processing time of a long term work visa is approximately 3 to 4 months.


It is necessary for everyone who wishes to make use of primary or tertiary education to obtain a study visa, which is issued for 2 years and can be renewed.

It has similarities with the work visa application in the sense of the parents of the “student” are requested to provide a “letter of undertaking” in support of the applicant.


A spousal visa applies only to married heterosexual couples therefore, to benefit from an accompanying visa the accompanying applicant must be married to the main applicant and be of different sex.


A tourist visa is for people who only wish to visit and tour Namibia. Visa-exempt passport holders will get a 90 days tourist visa at port of entry.

Non visa-exempt passport holders will need to obtain a tourist visa prior to leaving their country at the Namibian representation; should there not be a Namibian representation in their country of residence, they can contact an immigration agent in Namibia who will obtain on their behalf a “letter of approval” which will be endorsed by the applicant at the port of entry. For passport holders from visa restricted countries a tourist visa can be issued for a period varying from 30 days to a maximum of 90 days.


A person who wishes to establish a new company in Namibia – be it through the setting up of a Namibian close corporation or by investing in a Namibian company – will need to go through the complex process of obtaining an investor’s permit, which requires obtaining numerous authorizations from various departments. The duration of the investor’s visa is usually 2 years and remains at the entire discretion of the Ministry of Home Affairs and Immigration. DNA is more then willing to assist with all of the above.